To help prepare you and your clients for another successful year ahead, we are thrilled to announce that we have just released the 2021 RE/MAX Housing Market Outlook Report! See the findings below and share the results for your region with clients and prospects alike.
RE/MAX Canada expects average residential prices to rise 4% to 6% in 2021
RE/MAX Canada is anticipating healthy housing price growth in 2021, with move-up and move-over buyers continuing to drive activity in many regions across the Canadian housing market. An ongoing housing supply shortage is likely to continue, presenting challenges for homebuyers and putting upward pressure on prices. Due to these factors, the 2021 RE/MAX Housing Market Outlook Report estimates a four to six per cent increase in the average residential sales price nation-wide.
Despite the disruption of the virus, consumers are feeling optimistic, according to a Leger survey conducted on behalf of RE/MAX Canada, with 52 per cent of Canadians eyeing real estate as one of the best investment options in 2021, and expressing confidence that the Canadian housing market will remain steady next year.
- 35 per cent of RE/MAX brokers indicate that “move-over” buyers from other cities and provinces will continue to spark market activity in 2021
- 45 per cent of RE/MAX brokers indicate that move-up buyers will likely be a primary driver of the housing market demand in 2021
- Half of Canadians (53 per cent) are confident that Canada’s housing markets will remain steady in 2021
- 52 per cent of Canadians believe real estate will remain one of the best investment options in 2021
- More than one-third (36 per cent) would prefer to work with realtors who use technology/virtual services to enhance the buying/selling process
- 15 per cent of Canadians have spent more time researching/monitoring the real estate market during the first and second wave of the pandemic
Click the links below to read and download your regional infographic and share to your social channels!
Download & share the following asset to your social channels!
ICYMI – EVP & Regional Director Christopher Alexander hosted a Facebook LIVE to discuss the 2021 Housing Market Outlook Report and shared his insights on what can be expected in the new year. Make sure to share the video with your clients to keep them informed of where the market is headed in 2021!
HOW TO USE THIS REPORT
RE/MAX Reports are distributed throughout the year and are designed to highlight RE/MAX market insights to educate the public and our network. Visit blog.remax.ca/medianewsroom/ to view the latest RE/MAX reports and news.
- Provide a copy in your listing presentations
- Share with your network via email or social
- Encourage clients and prospects to view the report on social media by sharing the visual assets